Boned & Rolled Pork Leg
Regular price $34.00
Perfect for your Sunday roast.
See Australian Pork for help on how to get the crackliest crackling:
One of the most important things to remember, is to get the rind as dry as possible before the cooking process.
- Remove your roast from the packaging and pat dry with paper towel. With a small sharp knife, deeply score the rind at 1cm intervals, being careful to not cut into the meat. If time allows, leave the scored roast uncovered in the fridge for 1 hour, or ideally overnight. This process further dries the rind and aids the crackling process.
- When you’re ready to cook, put your pork on a wire rack in the sink and pour a jug of boiling water over the rind. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towel.
- Rub the roast with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and half a tablespoon of salt (more if you like salty crackling), making sure the oil and salt penetrate the scores.
- Place the roast on a wire rack inside a baking tray and cook at 240°C (max 250°C conventional) until the rind crackles, up to 50 minutes. If the roast is over 2kg, take 10 minutes off this initial crackling time.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C and cook for 30-35 minutes per kg, depending on how well you like your roast cooked.
- Once cooked, let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.